After the team discusses Gamestop’s announcement that they’re getting into the retro game selling business, Alex talks about almost losing a friend to Zombi U. Things get worse when Alex starts talking about her fanny pack fixation, so Ben changes the topic to news about Nintendo America’s bozo president Reggie Fils-Aime defending Metroid Prime: Federation Force.
This week’s Top 3 List turns out way better than expected and leads Ben to make a surprising revelation about himself. The second half of the show is devoted to a lively round of The Worst Thing That Happened To Us This Week concerning the Tale of Tales developers announcing that they’re no longer making commercial games. Ben and Jared are surprised that Alex gets the most worked up on the topic as she excoriates the devs for being huge douche bags.
Episode 18: Episode Title
Here are the relevant links from today’s podcast:
- Gamestop To Sell Retro Games & Consoles @ gamespot.com
- Batman: Arkham Knight’s PC Version Is A Mess @ kotaku.com
- Is Zombi U coming to Xbox? @ ign.com
- Reggie Fils-Aime Responds To Metroid Criticism @ gamerant.com
- Miyamoto on the Wii’s failure and hope for the NX @ videogamer.com
- The dreaded Tale of Tales goodbye blog post. Ick. @ tale-of-tales.com