Nobody over the age of 12 cares about who “won” E3 this year, so instead the team chats about the games and news tidbits from E3 2015 that interested them most. Big topics include the concept of user-created mods being playable on consoles (ala Fallout 4), Xbox One’s surprise backwards compatibility announcement, and the The Last Guardian. Later, Ben bemoans the announcement of the FF7 remake, Alex talks about how underwhelming Nintendo’s conference was, and Jared isn’t in the mood for turn-based strategy games.
The E3 discussion carries over into this week’s Top 3 List as everyone rattles off their favorite E3 announcements. The show wraps up with another The Worst Thing That Happened To Us This Week segment inspired by the announcement of “early access” games coming to Xbox One.
Episode 17: One Of Those Bodysuits With The Balls
Here are the relevant links from today’s podcast:
- Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Announcement @ ign.com
- Fallout 4 PC Mods Will Transfer to Consoles @ vg247.com
- FF7 Remake Announced @ gamespot.com
- The Last Guardian is coming to PS4 @ polygon.com
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force (wtfbbq?) @ nintendolife.com
- Shenmue 3 Kickstarter @ kickstarter.com
- Xenoblade Chronicles X release date confirmed for 2015!!! @ ign.com
- Soma trailer @ gamespot.com
- South Park: Stick of Truth follow-up announced @ shacknews.com
- Xbox One Early Access Program Announced @ gamespot.com